Ablative Laser Procedures
ERBIUM laser skin resurfacing is a procedure specifically designed to remove superficial and moderately deep lines and wrinkles on the face. The ERBIUM laser produces less heating or burning of surrounding tissues than other lasers used for resurfacing. This allows your doctor to gently and comfortably vaporize the damaged skin cells layer by layer. Most cases require only a local or topical anesthetic. Recent studies have shown that the ERBIUM laser stimulates the production of collagen, creating a tightening and smoothing of the skin.
The ERBIUM laser is the latest advance for the treatment of aging and sun-damaged skin. The ERBIUM laser provides a safer, more accurate and less painful method of restoring a softer, smoother, more youthful-appearing skin. Patients can have their procedure performed in the doctor’s office and be home that same day.
Skin resurfacing with the cool light of the ERBIUM laser results in less post-operative redness, less swelling and provides a more rapid healing than with other laser skin resurfacing methods. In most cases, patients are fully recovered and back to normal activities within 7-10 days. Following the procedure, the treated areas are kept moist with an ointment and/or occlusive dressings for the first few days. Post-operatively, there is a period of healing which is generally completed within five to seven days. Sunblock should be applied when in the sun. Make-up can be worn after the first week. Over the next few weeks, your fresh, new, pink skin will fade to a normal tone revealing a softer, smoother, younger look.
What are the advantages of ERBIUM Laser Skin Resurfacing?
- ERBIUM laser skin resurfacing is a safe, reliable, outpatient procedure.
- Skin resurfacing with the ERBIUM laser can be performed with local or topical anesthesia in many cases.
- Resurfacing with the ERBIUM laser produces fewer unwanted side-effects and complications.
- ERBIUM lasers can sometimes be used on the neck, chest and hands.
- Treatment with the ERBIUM laser produces minimal heating and burning of surrounding tissue.
- Healing is more rapid because the ERBIUM laser causes minimal redness, swelling, and bruising.
Is ERBIUM laser skin resurfacing for you?
Dr. Weston will review your medical history, age, skin type and pigmentation, consider your desired results, and determine the best course of treatment for you. Results will vary from patient to patient depending on age, skin type, and condition.